Wednesday, May 20, 2009

went fishing at horshoe bay

One of the million dollar houses at sea side.

My catch, but i set it free as its small.


My first fishing experience


My brother-in-law



been busy these days again, did some painting at the kitchen walls and the cabinets, i'm just glad that i had the chance to go out and enjoy the day last sunday with my future brother-in-law, we went fishing at horshoe bay together with his couple of friends who owned the boat. I wished my hubby went with us but the boat is not that big, for me i guess its enough for just 4 people, ah well, next time, we can rent a boat there. Anyway, it was a great day, it was sunny and the water was calm, oh it was just so perfect, alot went out and wore their perfect swimsuit or two piece and went sun bathing, but for me, oh i wore my jacket and hat as i dont want to get darker hehehe......i wanted to take out my umbrella though but its just so awkward hehe.....i enjoyed the panoramic view where you can see the natural beauty of BC, well, not all though but you can see nice green mountains, some has still snow at the top and the sea side where still lots of trees, i saw seals swimming along the boat and at the shoreline catching fish, 3 eagles circling around where we fish, alot of ducks too and a blue heron. what amazed me was the million dollar houses that was built at the ses side, there's one island where there's a very nice and big house built in there, boat is just the only means of transportation, i saw a panel of solars in which a source for electric in that house and at the other side theres a helipad for helicopters, probably owned by a multi-million businessman or a CEO for sure....hmmm.....

I never tried fishing before, i thought the fishing rod was heavy but it was so light, tried casting the fishing rod and do some jigging for half a day, lucky enough that i catched 2 fish but it was all small though so we need to take the fish back to the water......actually all of us catched fish but we all free them all as its not the right size for certain fish. But we enjoyed alot even though we never had a good size of fish after a long day of fishing. I can say i like fishing right now, i would love to go back again even if not for fishing but just enjoying the day and do nature tripping.

0 comments: